HOUSE BILL 318…
COMES UP FOR A VOTE
IN THE HOUSE HEALTH & WELFARE COMMITTEE
THIS THURSDAY FEB. 19
AT NOON IN ROOM 169
OF THE CAPITOL ANNEX
THIS IS THE BILL THAT WILL REQUIRE
ALL NURSING HOMES IN THE STATE
TO POST THEIR RATING
BY THE NEW FEDERAL FIVE-STAR RATING SYSTEM
IN A PROMINENT PLACE IN THEIR FACILITY.
HERE'S WHAT YOU CAN DO
TO HELP GET THIS BILL PASSED AND
OUT OF THIS COMMITTEE AND ON TO
A VOTE ON THE FLOOR OF THE HOUSE.
1. Call 1-800-372-7181 and ask the operator to send a message to the members of the House Health & Welfare Committee telling them that you want them to vote for HB 318.
The members of the Health & Welfare Committee are:
Rep. Tom Burch, Louisville (chair)
Rep. Bob DeWeese, Louisville (vice chair)
Rep. David Watkins, Henderson, (vice chair)
Rep. John Arnold, Sturgis
Rep. Scott Brinkman, Louisville
Rep. John "Bam" Carney, Campbellsville
Rep. Robert Damron, Nicholasville
Rep. Brent Housman, Paducah
Rep. Joni Jenkins, Shively
Rep. Mary Lou Marzian, Louisville
Rep. Reginald Meeks, Louisville
Rep. Tim Moore, Elizabethtown
Rep. Darryl Owens, Louisville
Rep. Ruth Ann Palumbo, Lexington
Rep. Susan Westrom, Lexington
Rep. Addia Wuchner, Burlington
2. If you are a constituent of any of these, be sure to tell them that in your message.
3. Follow up your call with a brief e-mail to each of them. You can get their e-mail address by going to
4. Attend the meeting yourself. Come early and meet every committee member telling him or her you would like their vote for HB 318. Don't be bashful. Legislators are very nice people and will be happy to talk to you.
And if you can, thank them afterwards for their support.
5. Call me if you have any questions……
KENTUCKIANS FOR NURSING HOME REFORM
1530 Nicholasville Road
Lexington, KY 40503
Tel: (859) 312-5617